Since it’s founding in 1992 the Lamanai Lodge and Research Center has become known for much more than its beautiful lagoon-side setting – it has become one of Belize’s premier inland destinations for nature and wildlife lovers.
The Lamanai Field Research Center (LFRC) is a non-profit Belizean organization that promotes and supports research, education, and environmental awareness in Belize. In addition to providing the project funds, eco tourists play a major role in LFRC projects by assisting in areas such as the collection of behavioral data on the black howler monkey, assessing crocodile nest sites, or assisting with the archaeological project.
This interactive approach provides the eco tourist with the opportunity to experience field research, explore tropical ecology, and contribute to the conservation of the natural resources. The LFRC catch-phrase, “Get Involved”, embodies the on-going commitment to making environmental field research a dynamic and publicly accessible facet of Belize’s conservation and eco tourism movement.
The lodge is situated on the banks of a 28 mile long spring fed lagoon in the New River System amid the remnants of Lamanai a major Maya city. It is surrounded by an incredible variety of habitats that facilitate unsurpassed nature-based and soft-adventure activities that depart right from your cabaña’s doorstep without the need for day-trips.
Accommodation features 18 Natural, thatch-roof cabanas, each with a verandah, a private bathroom with hot & cold water, ceiling fan and 24 hours electricity. Amenities include an open air restaurant & bar with a panoramic views of the lush tropical gardens, the lagoon and the jungle-blanketed Mayan ruins.
This is one of Belize’s special places where adventure, education and leisure come together in a magical blend. At this fine resort, you will experience an unforgettable bond with nature.
Lamanai History & Nature Package Includes:
- Transfers to and from Belize City or the International Airport (meet & greet service)
- Lodging type and rates as specified in the table below
- All scheduled meals (full meal plan)
- 2 Activities for each night booked
- Refreshments served on transfers and tours
- All guiding and entrance fees
- Coffee, tea and cocoa bar – 4:30am through 8:00pm
- Happy hour snacks at the bar
- All taxes
|Number of nights||Superior Garden View||Lagoon View||A/C Garden Suite||Lagoon Front|
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy
- Singles, family and children rates available upon request
- Children must be accompanied by parents or guardians on activity for children’s discounts to apply
- Children in own room pay full adult rate
- All rates quoted include taxes and fees