Blancaneaux is an Eco-Friendly Luxury Resort in Belize located in the northwest corner of the 107,000-acre Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve in western Belize’s Cayo District. The lodge itself is nestled on the bank of Privassion Creek and is set among tropical pines, oaks, palmetto, craboo and ancient melastome shrubs.
In the early 1980s, Francis Ford Coppola visited Belize, immediately fell in love with the location, and purchased the abandoned Blancaneaux Lodge. For more than a decade the resort was used as a family retreat before Francis opened his tropical paradise to the public in 1993.
The Lodge’s accommodations mirror the rainforest’s vibrant hues. Each bungalow features a soaring hand-woven thatched roof, artisan-crafted and antique colonial furnishings and a luxurious Japanese bath with views of the jungle sky. Adventures abound in the surrounding 300-square-mile Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve.
Food is prepared from fruits and vegetables grown in the lodge’s own Organic Garden. The Lodge is a guest in this fertile natural forest. To complement this, the chef has established a three-acre, self-sustaining organic garden that produces all of the fruits and vegetables used to make traditional Coppola family recipes. You can unwind in the Jaguar Bar with tasty tropical cocktails.
Take a dip in nearby Pools and Waterfalls. The hidden Big Rock Falls are a short trip away by car, horse or mountain bike. Hike down to the misty base of the falls, and swim in the warm pools. Or take a trip to the Rio On Pools, where small waterfalls spill between pools carved by the river out of the mountain granite. Some of the pools are connected by natural water slides. “You will truly enjoy the tranquil tropical rainforest atmosphere and the comfort at Blancaneaux Lodge.”
Jungle Adventure Package Includes:
- Round-trip transfers by road from Belize City or the International Airport
- 3 Nights in a Riverfront Cabana
- Three cooked breakfasts, three lunches (1 on tour, 2 on property) and three dinners.
- Caracol Mayan Ruin day tour with Rio Fario Cave & Rio On Pools
- Horseback riding w/Big Rock Falls or Barton Creek Canoe tour
- All taxes and park fees
- $1,395 per person, based on double occupancy
(Price valid Jun.01 thru Dec.17, 2016)
|ACCOMMODATION TYPE||HIGH SEASON
(Jan. 06 thru May 31)
(Jun. 01 thru Dec. 17)
(Dec. 18 thru Jan. 05)
|Garden View Cabana||$339||$279||#389|
|2 Bedroom Villa||$629||$549||$719|
|Francis Coppola Villa||$759||$659||$929|
- Prices are per cabana or villa based on double occupancy
- Additional charges will apply for more than 2 people to a unit
- All prices in USD + 10% Service Charge + 9% Hotel Tax are additional
- Minimum nights’ stay and room rates are subject to change
- Continental Breakfast included in all room rates
- A deposit will be required for reservations and final payment is due 45 days prior to arrival